How to Make Essential Oils Via Steam Distillation And Cold Pressing
How to Make Essential Oils:
To all our Mayan's Secret followers and subscribers, and to all of you essential oil lovers.
Do you know how essential oils go from plant matter to bottle? Because u when you understand the processes behind them, we know you will absolutely love them that much more.
How to Source Your Essential Oils
Here at Mayan's Secret we take our practices very seriously. At Mayan’s Secret we bottle only the finest premium essential oils that 100% pure unrefined and farm grown, organically and 100% pure.
How the Essential Oil Extraction Process Works
You may have heard terms like “extraction” and “distillation,” but what do they mean and how are they different? Extraction describes the general process of separating essential oils from plant matter, and distillation is one method of extraction.
Did you know, Mayan's Secret oils are steam distilled to give us essential oils.
So Wat Are the Different Types of Essential Oil Extractions?
Here are two primary methods of turning plants into essential oils.
The Steam Distillation Process:
- Harvested plant matter in a distilling apparatus suspends over boiling water.
- Steam pulls oil from the plant.
- Steam rises into a vessel and is pushed through a tube.
- Steam cools and condenses back into water.
- The oil separates from the water and is collected.
The remaining water (depending on the oil being distilled) becomes hydrosol, a product created from plants that contain water-soluble aromatic compounds. One worth trying?
Mayan's Secret Rose water Hydrosol.
You know, the best way to harvest plant matter is resin tapping. We tap the tree to release the resin, dry it, and then distill it. Some oils you know and love come from this process, including Frankincense, and Myrrh.
Cold pressing and What it Means for your Oils
Another method of extraction is cold pressing, which usually involves the entire fruit. All Mayan's Secret citrus oils, like the luxuriously scented Bergamot, come from this method in particular, which the oils are then extracted for their seriously fragrant scents we all love.
- Fruit is washed thoroughly of course.
- The fruit materials are placed in a container where it is agitated by spikes, grating, or other methods to bring the oils to the surface.
- Hydrosol is then sprayed over the fruit and mixed with the essential oil released from the punctured botanical material.
- The essential oil is then collected and separated from the hydrosol.
Why are essential oils called essential anyway?
Essential oils have extreme aromas because they are the essence of plants, similar to that of a human body odor. They’re also essential in supporting emotional and physical wellness, including beauty and nighttime beauty routines, thus we call them essential.
- Tags: aromatherapy best aromatic essential oils blog best essential oils best essential oils blog best smelling essential oils best smelling essential oils for diffuser best smelling essential oils for home best smellling essential oil blends essential oil blends essential oil blog essential oil blogs essential oil news most aromatic essential oils Tropicisle Living Castor Oil
- web master